Login

HOME Public Access Ladyboy Forums Public Ladyboy Picture Post

Security Advisory

Have ladyboy pictures but not much to say?
Post away!

Security Advisory

Postby manarak » 05 Jul 2011, 11:57 •  [Post 1]

Recent events have led us to believe that unauthorized persons gained access to this site's restricted contents by using a member's computer that was left unprotected.
This belief is based on an analysis of this site's access logs.

Please remember that anyone opening your internet browser can potentially see the sites you visit and most probably doesn't even have to enter a password if you checked the "remember me" box (you are logged in permanently). Also, browsers have a function to remember your password.

DO NOT LET THE GIRLS USE YOUR COMPUTER USING THE SAME COMPUTER USER ACCOUNT AS YOU

Protect your user account on your computer with a password and create a guest account for the girls to use.

On Windows, you can easily create a guest user account, without a password.
It will just offer an empty windows with internet explorer - what more does your girl need?

Mac users: read up on your computer's capabilities.

WHEN YOU ARE DONE USING THE COMPUTER, LOGOUT from your user account on the computer

IF YOUR GIRL WANTS TO USE THE COMP, PROVIDE THEM WITH THE GUEST ACCOUNT

Your computer is under your responsibility, as it is your responsibility to see that no unauthorized person misuses your access privileges.

Ultimately: If you can't keep your user account safe from the girls, we will have to keep the other users safe from your user account, since we can't be sure it is you using it.

UPDATE: I have now changed the board settings. Staying logged in permanently is now not possible anymore.
Also, I tried to disable the autocomplete feature, to prevent browsers to remember your password.
manarak
Global Moderator

Re: Security Advisory

Postby grakallen » 05 Jul 2011, 15:32 •  [Post 2]

I've been concerned about this issue for a while. There are 2 particual reasons why I have taken measures to prevent this:

1) I do not want GG's (or anyone else for that matter) know I enjoy LBs, so when they use my laptop they should not see any traces
2) I do not want LB's to be able to see content from any forum I might visit (private or not)

The way I've solved this is by using Google Chrome for forums and Firefox(/IE) for anything else. I've deleted all shortcuts to Chrome except for one that I have hidden, but both IE and Firefox got shortcuts on the start menu, desktop and quick launch bar. To start Chrome I use a secret shortcut key (CTRL-ALT-SHIFT + .) which is not very likely anyone will press by chance.

I guess the best way would be to have a separate/guest login, but if you for some reason forget to logout this should mitigate the risk at least.
grakallen
Trusted Member

Postby manarak » 05 Jul 2011, 20:59 •  [Post 3]

guest account is the safest, really.

just setup the computer to log you out automatically after x minutes of inactivity.
manarak
Global Moderator

Postby lin » 12 Jul 2012, 23:43 •  [Post 4]

good....
lin
Trusted Member

Postby Stealth009 » 13 Jul 2012, 00:03 •  [Post 5]

When i am on vacation i dont go logginn to no forum what so ever , i am there to fuck nothing else......
When i get back home then it`s business as usual , that way you will alway`s stay out of trouble , easy....

Greetz , Stealth
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrStealth009 ===> My Privit Youtube Vacation Channel , Enjoy !!!

I Am A Certified Fillipino Ladyboy Lover & I Love Elegant And Gothic Cosplay Angels ( Home Of The Braves )
Stealth009
Trusted Member

Postby Kev B » 19 Mar 2013, 01:12 •  [Post 6]

Hello Stealth009
Exactly!
Kev B
25 days but who is counting! :crazy:
Kev B

Return to Public Ladyboy Picture Post