Login

HOME Fight Club

Footie

OK, gentlemen, gloves off! In this forum, the rules for flaming, insults, etc. are relaxed, enter at your own risk.

Footie

Postby bangkoksins » 12 Feb 2011, 09:39 •  [Post 1]

This is the non-LB topic form right?

So a couple of questions:

1) Will Man u beat Man City tonight and

2) Will Liverpool make it into the top 4 this season?
bangkoksins

Re: Footie

Postby Jake » 12 Feb 2011, 13:48 •  [Post 2]

Will probably be a draw and with the return of the king, anything's possible, we're certainly playing better.. but its a tall order. Lets see if we can do it. Losing twice to blackpool in the season certainly didn't help matters and most of all I couldn't believe blackpool had united by the throat and still lost that game.
Jake

Postby Jake » 12 Feb 2011, 16:44 •  [Post 3]

Well I was almost right on the draw till the last 10 minutes. Rooney can retire now! It doesn't matter what team you support or if you like or hate him, you have to acknowledge that moments like those are why we love footy!

It's interesting though, maybe Liverpool can catch City and Chelsea for 4th. I'd sign up for that.

Mancini for the sack anyone?
Jake

Postby Jake » 20 Feb 2011, 23:42 •  [Post 4]

Interesting game today, Arsenal have a replay in the FA cup. Nice to see some underdogs doing good. :clap:
Jake

Postby Jake » 02 Mar 2011, 02:22 •  [Post 5]

hahahahahahaha

Chelsea 2 M.U. 1

Now there is a season to look forward to!
Jake

Postby Jake » 02 Apr 2011, 20:31 •  [Post 6]

OMG OMG OMG

Man United 4 unanswered goals against West Ham..

Hammers is asking you to beat United like once in a decade or something too much? :evil: :cry:
Jake

Postby Jake » 22 May 2011, 17:51 •  [Post 7]

So who do you think gets relegated?

I'm thinking Wigan and Wolves along with West Ham (which is set for sure)
Jake

Postby onetruesaxon » 23 May 2011, 03:06 •  [Post 8]

Jake wrote:Mancini for the sack anyone?

Na he is a god is our Bobby :clap: :clap: :clap:
onetruesaxon

Postby onetruesaxon » 23 May 2011, 03:07 •  [Post 9]

Jake wrote:Well I was almost right on the draw till the last 10 minutes. Rooney can retire now! It doesn't matter what team you support or if you like or hate him, you have to acknowledge that moments like those are why we love footy!

Oh come on it came of his shin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
onetruesaxon

Postby Jake » 23 May 2011, 03:39 •  [Post 10]

That's true, it did.
Jake

Postby Jake » 29 Aug 2011, 03:21 •  [Post 11]

Ok this was a fun weekend to watch a few games and I got to see 3 games and all 3 games were fun.

Liverpool - I think they're a solid lock for top 4 but not good enough to win the league just yet. However I think they are much better than United and if they don't relax away from Anfield.. they could finish better than them in the tables.

City - This was the real surprise and I at first thought it was AC Milan playing.. their new kits are eerily similar. But City have taken a huge leap forward and with their ownership, it won't be long till they are the envy of every club - that's right even United fans will envy them over time. Will it be this season? I think it will but it remains to be seen.

United - I always did think they won last season not so much on skill but intimidation and their name sake like we are Manchester United. Other teams wouldn't even give em a game, it was pitiful but when they did, the results were staggering.. blackpool led 2-0 till they screwed it up. Liverpool beat them. So United are not the team of old.. they are missing Ronaldo and when Giggs and Fergie do retire (I don't think it'll be long now).. even though United maybe good.. I don't think they'll be as good as they have been.. think top 6 rather than top 3.

Chelsea - still early to tell how they will be.. since they're still finding their identity but they do have talent and I think they will somehow nudge in a top 4.

Arsenal - There is no way Arsenal makes top 4 with the squad they have now. I heard Duke say Arsene's a good manager blah blah blah. He may have been but that's the past. In the present he's delusional so either he needs to change or he needs to go. My condolences gunners.. it sucks when your front office or your manager sucks.

Spurs - Similarly to Arsenal.. I don't think they'll be the team they were 2 seasons ago or even last season. They are also about to lose Modric and well just think about it.. you can win the league with Peter Crouch and Defoe coming off the bench??? It doesn't make any sense.

My top 4 predictions are this:

City 1st
Liverpool 2nd
United 3rd
Chelsea 4th

relgation hmmm.. I need more time to pick this but I think

Wolves
Blackburn
Swansea
Jake

Postby onetruesaxon » 29 Aug 2011, 13:11 •  [Post 12]

Mancity 1st
Chelsea 2nd
Liverpool 3rd

relgation

Man utd
man utd reserves
Alex ferguson to relgate to a coffin :D
onetruesaxon

Postby Jake » 29 Aug 2011, 14:18 •  [Post 13]

I'll drink to that and I almost never drink lol.
Jake

Postby sexpat69 » 29 Aug 2011, 19:11 •  [Post 14]

Jake wrote:
relgation hmmm.. I need more time to pick this but I think

Wolves
Blackburn
Swansea

Yes Jake, you need more time, Blackburn and Swansea yes, but Wolves no.......guess who I support...lol
sexpat69

Return to Fight Club