Login

HOME Public Access Ladyboy Forums Free for all Photography

A different type of report - my home

A little subforum where photo nuts can compare the length of their zooms.
Learn how to frame your ladyboys!

A different type of report - my home

Postby Jake » 10 Jun 2011, 23:54 •  [Post 1]

I went out a few days ago and tested out my new P300.. the 24mm wide angle is awesome but it is also major fail.. I failed to get a single close up of a hot girl and I saw quite a few.. :facepalm:

Most of you know how life is in the city where I live.. you've all seen the photos but here is a glimpse of the lifestyle in the outer boroughs of Brooklyn & Queens.. (just a walk across the brooklyn bridge or a train ride away)

Overdosing on pizza:

Ok that's enough.. the houses here are mostly 2 or 3 family but the tall residential complexes are not hard to find often next to each other.

Local Architecture:

Wide angle view of crossing the street:

A guy has angels protecting him instead of ladyboys:

Miscellaneous pics:

Sorry I don't speak jibberish:

An American paradox.. a 99 cent store where most of the stuff is NOT 99 cents:

We might need this place to store our servers in a few years:

Hey do you have some ice for sale?

Hmm Song Sam, never heard of it!

Unfortunately not the type that we have in mind..

Hungry, come on in:

We'll keep your money safe, you just have to put up with our 0.0000001% interest rate:

Please be an angel and give everyone the day off from work by anonymously calling:

Jake

Re: A different type of report - my home

Postby manarak » 11 Jun 2011, 11:13 •  [Post 2]

Hi Jake

Thanks for the pics - I haven't been in the suburbs of NY since... err.
Last time was some years before the twin towers fell.

It is interesting to see pics of a place, not just pics of the nicest monuments, but just pix of the streets. Gives a feeling for the place.

2 observations come to mind:
- it is clean! I remember how many streets looked, it seems NY got the littering problem under control?
- streets are not much nicer than streets in Thailand. the LOS will not be a big downgrade, except maybe for the size of the sidewalks.
manarak
Global Moderator

Re: A different type of report - my home

Postby Jake » 11 Jun 2011, 13:17 •  [Post 3]

Yes it is clean because the police and sanitation love handing out $165 tickets even for something so little as a piece of paper that mysteriously blows up on your sidewalk and you have absolutely zero chance of talking your way out of it.

Those are just some of the good parts of B&Q btw. There are other sections that are different and have a different flavor. Maybe I'll take some pics of them later on.

Sadly since you last visited, it has gotten expensive. $2.50 for a subway ride from $1.50 back then. Bridges and tunnels tolls have gone from $7 to $12. But I wouldn't live anywhere else in America if I had to live here. :crazy:
Jake

Return to Photography