Login

HOME Public Access Ladyboy Forums Traveler's Guide Scams & Warnings

Careful when using faregeek

Careful when using faregeek

Postby Jake » 07 Jun 2011, 22:59 •  [Post 1]

I recently made a date change regarding an e-ticket that I purchased from faregeek.com.

They changed the date and charged me $160 ($100 airline penalty, $20 fare increase, $40 taxes) which is fine and all although it sounds like highway robbery.

But then I got an odd phonecall saying they had credited my account by an extra $2700 by mistake and needed me to authorize a charge so they could get their money back. I said hmm what?? Ok let me call my credit card company and verify this has indeed happened before I authorize you and you can call me back in half in hour.

I called the credit card company and sure enough, no extra credit or charges made... that phone call sure does sound fishy right now.
Jake

Re: Careful when using faregeek

Postby onetruesaxon » 08 Jun 2011, 02:49 •  [Post 2]

Jake wrote:I recently made a date change regarding an e-ticket that I purchased from faregeek.com.

They changed the date and charged me $160 ($100 airline penalty, $20 fare increase, $40 taxes) which is fine and all although it sounds like highway robbery.

But then I got an odd phonecall saying they had credited my account by an extra $2700 by mistake and needed me to authorize a charge so they could get their money back. I said hmm what?? Ok let me call my credit card company and verify this has indeed happened before I authorize you and you can call me back in half in hour.

I called the credit card company and sure enough, no extra credit or charges made... that phone call sure does sound fishy right now.

Sounds very fishy indeed and you did the right thing calling your credit card company.
onetruesaxon

Postby manarak » 08 Jun 2011, 03:01 •  [Post 3]

You did the clever thing Jake.

I hope you didn't push the date of your arrival in the LOS back too much!!! :D LOL
manarak
Global Moderator

Postby Jake » 08 Jun 2011, 03:11 •  [Post 4]

Nope. :p
Jake

Postby Jake » 11 Jun 2011, 22:21 •  [Post 5]

Got another phone call by the same guy, and even after this time, nothing on CC still.

Sounds like even more of a scam now.
Jake

Return to Scams & Warnings