Login

HOME Public Access Ladyboy Forums Traveler's Guide Money exchange, transports & other services

Airline Questions or Queries...

Airline Questions or Queries...

Postby FatboyUK » 14 Jan 2011, 02:09 •  [Post 1]

Hi fellow BM's

I have a fair bit of knowledge in this field, the industry, routes, aircraft types and services, so feel free to post any airline related questions here, or send me a PM, and I'll happily do my best to answer.

My little contribution.

Cheers

FBUK
FatboyUK......A Registered Trademark.
FatboyUK
Trusted Member

Re: Airline Questions or Queries...

Postby Bumblebee » 14 Jan 2011, 03:29 •  [Post 2]

Nice offer FBUK, good to see you here pal.
Bumblebee
Trusted Member

Postby Soulboy » 18 Jan 2011, 19:55 •  [Post 3]

Is it best to order as much free drink as possible when the trolly passes or should one pace oneself given that there is a long journey ahead ?
Soulboy
Trusted Member

Postby Admin » 19 Jan 2011, 01:01 •  [Post 4]

I have a technique: when the stewardess bends over to the other row, instead of putting my hand into her panties, I fish 2 or 3 cans of beer from the bottom of the trolley
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jake » 19 Jan 2011, 04:46 •  [Post 5]

Don't they generally do that in pairs? one at either end?
Jake

Postby Admin » 19 Jan 2011, 12:28 •  [Post 6]

yep, but it doesn't matter - you can fish beer from both sides of the trolley, which also means you pass on panties twice!
Admin
Site Admin

Postby pandemonium » 20 Jan 2011, 02:31 •  [Post 7]

i cannot go passed airfrance/klm and emirates.
never had a problem getting copious amounts of drink on these airlines, just be polite and patient and the drinks keep flowing.
also airfrance is the only airline that serves champagne on economy :D
pandemonium

Postby FatboyUK » 25 Jan 2011, 02:41 •  [Post 8]

Soulboy wrote:Is it best to order as much free drink as possible when the trolly passes or should one pace oneself given that there is a long journey ahead ?

Pace yourself

Feel free to ask the cabin crew for drinks later in flight or politely when they are passing by, but a small tip - dont press the call bell.

If you go to the galley yourself, crew will happily give you what you need

Persistant call bell pressers will get ignorned .....
FatboyUK
Trusted Member

Postby Jake » 25 Jan 2011, 02:46 •  [Post 9]

FBUK not sure if you can help but which is the best frequent flyer program from US to LOS? Or something to that effect.. anything to shave a few bucks off the travel to spend it on lb's instead.
Jake

Postby Jake » 27 Jan 2011, 04:49 •  [Post 10]

bump
Jake

Postby koykaeng » 27 Jan 2011, 08:41 •  [Post 11]

Jake wrote:bump

Was that post meant to be a question regarding air turbulence during the flight ? :D

Perhaps FatboyUK can explain why the cabin crew always say "disarm doors & cross dress" upon landing. :?

Is there something they're not telling us...

Cheers
Koykaeng
koykaeng
Trusted Member

Postby 69Billy » 27 Jan 2011, 14:03 •  [Post 12]

If you like to reserve your seat well before you fly..Use this site..any thing you want to know..
The ultimate source for airplane seating, in-flight amenities, and airline information.
http://www.seatguru.com/
So many LBs so little time...
69Billy

Postby Jake » 27 Jan 2011, 22:13 •  [Post 13]

koykaeng wrote:
Jake wrote:bump

Was that post meant to be a question regarding air turbulence during the flight ? :D

LOL not even worth answering. :D 8-)
Jake

Postby SLBT_ » 29 Jan 2011, 18:06 •  [Post 14]

FatboyUK wrote:
Soulboy wrote:Is it best to order as much free drink as possible when the trolly passes or should one pace oneself given that there is a long journey ahead ?

Pace yourself

Feel free to ask the cabin crew for drinks later in flight or politely when they are passing by, but a small tip - dont press the call bell.

If you go to the galley yourself, crew will happily give you what you need

Persistant call bell pressers will get ignorned .....

FB, greetings....

Ok, the ''call button''... Is the purpose of having the thing not there for the purpose of calling if you require assistance... with anything??

I thought that we (the paying customer), were deservant of a certain level of customer service from airline cabin crew on our quite expensive flights.. Forgive me if I sound a little perplexed here on this subject. I know you will put me right as it stands from your particular airline, but as for the others, I can only speculate.

Airline crew have a job because there is a paying customer purchasing tickets in their airline.

Aircrew are there in the first instance as saftey personell, I understand however, their other duty is that of the paying passenger.

In my mind, a passenger pays a substantial amount of cash for their ticket, multiply that by 250 / 300 passengers per flight. Alot of revenue for the airline.

Ok, ok.... There are a heap of overheads to consider, sure.. But for the ordinary chap going on holiday it is not his concern.. Getting to his holiday and enjoying the experience is paramount to him.

Am I digressing..? Feck!! where was I.. :lol:

Oh yeah, dont press the call button.. :red:

The way I look at it is if I need help with something or som e water, juce, a drink of amber nectar.. I would normally ask when the cabin crew came past. or if I was really lazy... and is my right as I have paid for a level of service.. I would press the ''call button''..

Now, for you to tell us we would be ignored is shocking news to say the least. :roll:

Flying is sometimes stressful enough without the added imbugerance of the cabin crew having a bee in their bonnet about the amount of time they have to attend to the passengers needs...

Hmmm, this is wht they are there for in the first place.. Don't like it, get a job where you are not in the customer service industry.. :o

This post is not meant to be provokative or malice in any way, just my wee observation and to spark a healthy debate I guess..

And I'm bloody bored tonight too.. :D
SLBT_
Trusted Member

Postby FatboyUK » 30 Jan 2011, 03:43 •  [Post 15]

My apologises for the late reply chaps....been away and unable to get onto LB related stuff....

Jake - It depends which airline you use the most and where you are based. I would go for a card of the airline you'd most likely use domestically as well as internationally. A likely choice would be a Star Alliance Card with United/Continental as they have recently merged forming one of the worlds largest airlines, and you can also use this on Thai Airways. I understand EVA is a popular choice from the US, although as they are not a member of any particular alliance, you'd take alot longer to accrue any worthy mileage, but another noteable option is a card with Delta/Northwest of the SkyTeam alliance who link Asia fairly well through Japan. I wouldn't bother with an OneWorld card, due to their poor links to LOS from US (basically JAL via Narita or Cathay via HKG)

KK - "Disarm Doors and Cross dress" is something we usually just do at the weekends.......

SLBT - I was kind of trying to avoid debates here, but the call bell. It's true, it is there to get our attention. But it's primary use is to raise our attention for emergency/medical purposes. You, as passengers are our eyes in the cabin, and if something goes wrong, we need you to tell us ASAP. We are there primarily for your safety, and comfort comes second.

I'm trying to think of a way of replying without making myself look like a lazy twat or indeed, smear the good nature and hard working ethics of the majoirty of my fellow cabin crew workforce worldwide.

Firstly, the comments I make/made are based on my own personal views and experiences of various airlines. Also, feel free to continue to press call bells to your hearts extent.

You, as a paying customer, can and should expect a certain level of service. Service that generally speaking, I hope you get. (And you'll get everytime you fly with FB :D ) To be "ignored" after pressing a call bell is unacceptable, but I've seen it done. I just want to explain...not justify...why on the odd occasion, this may happen.

I'm sure you are aware, there is a huge difference in mentality from the UK/European based workforce to those of other regions in the world. The workforce of your preferred choice of airline, Emirates or Singapore airlines for example, will be different to that of other workforces of some airlines based elsewhere in the world.....

Every airline operates differently, with varying styles of rostering and scheduling and as a result, workload. Catch a crew member on day one, and their attitude will be leaps and bounds different to the one you may experience at the end of their 7 day block of work. Please bare in mind, that on an aircraft the size of a 777, depending on which airline you are travelling on, you can have as little as 10 crew members to look after between 3-400 people. Now take away 4 or 5 of those to look after the business and first class passengers, that leaves maybe 5/6 people to look after 250 odd people.....which, despite what some out there think, isn't easy. Please also bare in mind that we as crew are working (not just sitting) lengthy periods at altitude - the cabin is pressurised at around 8,000 feet, making the smallest of tasks just that little bit more harder. Yes, we are in the customer service industry, but everyone has their limits....mentally and physically. Crew can have the same bad days like everyone else - we all wake up occasionally and say to ourselves "I can't be arsed today" whatever field of work you are in. You can not deny that.

All I'm saying, is that if you need a drink....take it as an opportunity to stretch you legs, get the blood circulating abit, and visit the galley once in a while. You'll generally find a wide variety of nice things there to take your mind of the lengthy, cramped conditions, including a friendly crew member that, by and large, is happy to talk to someone other then crew for a change whilst they're catching their breath.....
FatboyUK
Trusted Member

Postby PassPort » 30 Jan 2011, 05:08 •  [Post 16]

A very excellent reply FB, now tell me how many air marshalls on your average flight please ? and their average seat location
what goes around, comes around
PassPort
Trusted Member

Postby FatboyUK » 30 Jan 2011, 11:03 •  [Post 17]

I'll be away yet again now, so might not be able to reply to any questions for a few days...
FatboyUK
Trusted Member

Postby SLBT_ » 30 Jan 2011, 15:40 •  [Post 18]

Thanks for the reply big lad, always apreciate an honest and curt reply..

Of course we are aware of the job you guys do up there looking after our drunk and moody arses from time to time..lol It isnt an easy job considering the flak that sometimes goes your way..

But...

You get all those benefits like our phone numbers on constant supply... but never a reply,, bastards!! You're all gay ;)

There must be an easier way to get an upgrade man.. !!! :crazy:
SLBT_
Trusted Member

Postby Jake » 30 Jan 2011, 23:04 •  [Post 19]

Thanks FBuk. Really appreciate the reply on the frequent flyer miles but my fav airline is cathay so hmm might have to do some researching and possible dumping and changing.
Jake

Postby FatboyUK » 31 Jan 2011, 20:35 •  [Post 20]

Jake - if you preferred choice to LOS is Cathay, it maybe worth joining if your preferred choice domestically is AA. Where in the US are you? I may be able to advise better if I knew which hub you use most.

SLBT - Upgrade? What's one of them ???
FatboyUK
Trusted Member

Postby Jake » 31 Jan 2011, 21:14 •  [Post 21]

New York City FBuk. JFK airport is the closest to me..
Jake

Postby FatboyUK » 01 Feb 2011, 02:16 •  [Post 22]

Tough one. JFK is so heavily used by all airlines...

If you want to remain loyal to Cathay, it has to be a OneWorld card, and probably the best choice being so close to a large hub for AA...but it may not nesscessarily be the right choice...

I think, despite American Airlines's huge presense at JFK, I'd still pick a Star Alliance card, based purely on the future size of United/Continental.

I'd possibly then re-evaluate how I'd get to LOS, and consider utilising Singapore Airlines via SIN, United/Thai via LAX, or ANA All Nippon/Thai via Tokyo Narita, and even east bound from Newark with United/Thai via London Heathrow, or Lufthansa/Thai from JFK via Frankfurt...

The solution is to get a card for all alliances, and just go with whoever is cheapest at the time...realistically it takes a fair amount of flying, in quite a short period of time, to get enough points worth anything anyway....
FatboyUK
Trusted Member

Postby pandemonium » 07 Feb 2011, 23:25 •  [Post 23]

fb you do not want to answer the call button as you are a lazy bugger!!
pandemonium

Postby araine5 » 30 Apr 2012, 01:52 •  [Post 24]

TIP: At the start of the flight, if a flight attendant notices you being dismissive, chatting/laughing away LOUDLY reading a newspaper etc while she is giving her safety speech, she may be dismissive to you when the trolley comes round and when you require her attention.

What goes around, comes around ...
araine5

Return to Money exchange, transports & other services