Login

HOME Public Access Ladyboy Forums Traveler's Guide

Airlines-Best/worst for travelling to BKK

Airlines-Best/worst for travelling to BKK

Postby jcs » 10 Feb 2011, 13:30 •  [Post 1]

I have travelled to Pattaya about 12-13 times,and have flown with 5 different airlines,with differing levels of service and price.

I generally like to go direct from LHR-BKK as it is less arduous, but you do pay a premium for this service, but i have also had one trip from MAN-BKK which was indirect.

LHR-BKK Thai Airways, have flown six times with them, old 747 but with decent leg room of 34 inch, prices has been around GBP 480-580 depending on time of year. average service and food, central screen for films etc. night flights get you into BKK at around 15.15 hrs, so you can be in patts by 6pm latest.

LHR-BKK EVA Air New 777 planes , good legroom, own TV screen, good service and food(except breakfast which is shite) normally a bit more expensive than Thai, but after two trips they are my favourite, Normal arrival time is 1530hrs.

LHR-BKK BA 747 planes economy has 31 inch legroom, second time i went economy plus which had 37inch. Food and service ok, flight arrival is around 1530. too expensive!!!

MAN-BKK KLM Indirect via AMS old 747, GBP 500 (great deal at the time) rubbish airline and rubbish flight!! plus point is that you get into BKK at around 1400hrs.

LHR-BKK Etihad Airlines Indirect via Abu Dhabi new Airbus, so all mod cons, but i found seats uncomfortable and service not great, meant to be the Airline of the year, not in my book!!! GBP 520.

worth having a look on this website, gives you all the seating plans for every airlines planes.

http://www.seatguru.com
jcs
Trusted Member

Re: Airlines-Best/worst for travelling to BKK

Postby jcs » 10 Feb 2011, 16:04 •  [Post 2]

Feel free to review Airlines that you have flown with..
jcs
Trusted Member

Postby tstrek » 03 Feb 2012, 07:08 •  [Post 3]

I am a fan of EVA Airlines. I fly from LAX to Taipei and then to BKK. I always fly Elite. Hate economy. You can get a great deal flying Elite if you work on your flight days. I went from $2354 to $1563 just by changing my return date by one day. You can build up points and get an upgrade to Business too.
tstrek

Postby richard » 03 Feb 2012, 10:41 •  [Post 4]

Singapore Airlines from Aus with a stopover in Singapore of 1 to 2 hours. It's a bit expensive, but good service, internet check-in and flexible on the return dates and time on certain tickets.Just take care with the tickets once you know that they really like to steer you to the Internet it's great.

I've been using them for over six years and no problems. :)
richard

Postby tersarge » 04 Mar 2012, 16:30 •  [Post 5]

generally travel using CHINA AIRLINES,cheap and cheerfull,dublin to amsterdam,then on to BKK INT,630euro,thats not too bad a price,hope to travel to pattaya may this year,all going well.
tersarge

Postby melbguy12 » 07 Jan 2013, 14:32 •  [Post 6]

Hi mellbguy12 here, just got return economy flight from Melbourne to BKK for $500 Aust, with Jetstar leaves 2.30pm arrives 7.55pm.
melbguy12

Return to Traveler's Guide